Friday, June 26, 2015

checking out new trails

I have really started to worry that I am not getting enough trail time. I told the hubs this last Sunday over lunch and he took me over to our old high school and showed me all of the cross country trails available for me to use! Who knew it!?

This morning was my first venture out there. I know it's ridiculous that I wasn't aware of this little diamond in the rough. The worse parts I suppose would be 1) I went to high school there and was oblivious 2) I literally park/ run by the area 2-3 times a week. Sad.

So this morning and I think most Friday's after this will be well spent on this course. It's loopy and I was able to make up the 3 miles I needed. And boy was it was workout!!

Morning sky:


The trails were super well groomed. My only complaint was all the cobwebs I ran through. I guess at least they'll be done for the next person:


The sun started to peek through:

Post run- tired/excited/thrilled all in one!


I think this will be a great spot to get my trail run on. :) 

I have a little twinge of pain on the medial portion of my right ankle. I hope it's just sore and I didn't do something :( I will keep you posted!!  

Happy Friday!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment