Monday, June 29, 2015

week 9 finishes with double digits

Sunday morning was big...like 10 miles big!!

I worked all day Saturday and wore compression socks to help with fatigue. I ate good and had pasta the night before.

I had my route planned out. My accessories were: 1 bottle of water w a watermelon NUUN tablet in it waiting in the car for post race. My Nathan's water bottle filled and had 1/2 a watermelon NUUN tablet for me to drink on the way. I ate a Luna bar while I got my shoes on. I brought my ipod ( but never used it) in my faux fanny pack, cell phone, and honey stinger chews, pomegranate passion - I was trying these for the first time. (delicious)


This was about 2 miles into my run, I stopped to get the sunrise in the background. I didn't take a ton of pictures because I was just trying to focus on completing my run. I was also sporting a new Brooke's tank top I picked up a runners the other day, its super light weight and fabulous! 

My knee started to hurt around mile 8, which made me sad and kinda got into my head. All I thought about for the last 2 miles was my knee...but I didn't give up because it wasn't terrible more nagging at me.

Post run, runners high at it's finest!:


The proof from a great run (which I showed to the hubs and P when I got home...just a little proud):


2:02:33 
10.14 miles
12:05/ miles/hr
1205 cals. 

Compression socks and shorts were worn to work after my run. I stretched when I had a minute here and there, I stretched rolled really good when I got home from my run, of course. Then I rolled again before bed. 

Week over view:
Monday: 4 miles RT
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 5 miles TM
Thursday: strength
Friday: 3 miles Trail, 6 mile bike ride 
Saturday: rest
Sunday: 10 miles RT
Total: 22 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment