Friday, June 12, 2015

rain and a running skirt

My plans for running my 3 miles on the RT quickly changed when a severe storm was rolling through around 5:30 am. So I went to plan B, TM run.

Pre run eats:

It was like a monsoon out there:

The parking lot at the gym was flooding. And as you can see there is no one here. I imagined normal gym goers waking up and hearing/seeing the rain and going back to sleep in their nice warm beds...I envied them. But I had a new running skirt to get me jazzed about my run, RT or TM, I was excited. (I don't think I'm alone when it comes to new workout clothes...it's just more exciting!)

New running skirt (Champion) in grey:

I will have to say that I really liked it!! There are shorts under which still rode up (darn muscular thighs) because they are a spandex material and not cotton. So I decided I'll put bike shorts under them and I should be good because those don't ride up. But The skirt was so flowing and loose and wonderful to run in! I am a big fan now!!

The gym was quiet this morning. I missed the 5 am guys and got the whole place to myself for about 2.75 miles. I was struggling this morning. I don't know if it was the because out of the last 3 runs 2 have been TM runs. But I wanted to be done before I started. I'm hoping this feeling shakes before Sundays long run of 8 miles! I'm going to need a ton of positive thoughts!! :)

I hope everyone has a really great weekend!! 

*Any fun plans for the weekend? Races/Runs?!
*Anyone else get excited when new gym clothes are involved?!



No comments:

Post a Comment