Sunday, June 7, 2015

a runner in the making

Our family vacation is coming to an end. We are here for one more day and then the 3 hour drive home. (ps I am a terrible co-pilot. I dislike long car rides, or plane rides, or train rides or ferry boats to be totally honest! LOL I've got an uber sensitive equilibrium and end up feeling crummy for a good 12-24 hrs after traveling....so much fun!)

Since we have been on vacation we've tried our best to do a lot of family stuff but also get P some normal play time like play grounds, ext. I've noticed lately she wants to "race" me all the time.

"Let's race to that tree!"
"Let's race to that picnic table!"
"Let's race to that seagull!"

And so on and so forth. I try to "race" each time she asks because well...It makes me smile and makes my heart happy to see and hear her want to run. I kinda love it and i don't want to discourage her and say no.

I've also had her taking the stairs with me instead of the elevator and we race daddy (the hubs) the the bottom floor. :) We win each and every time!!

racing at the park :)

racing down the hotel hallway. She was so quick I almost missed getting this pic!

Dinner took us over the Mackinaw bridge to St. Ignace.

Tomorrow will wrap up week 6 with a 7 mile run in Mackinaw City!! :) Stay tuned for that! 

*Any other parents have kinds interested in running?



No comments:

Post a Comment