Wednesday, June 3, 2015

sunrise and moonshine

Today P graduated from pre-school and I some how kept myself composed. It was a great day and of course it started with a great run.

I might be underestimating the word "great", today's run was, by far, one of my best runs! Like ever. But definitely in training. I used my new route (from Monday) today but expanded it a bit and it paid off. My 4 mile run turned in 4.39 miles run. Hello National Running Day! :)

It felt good. My only and I mean only complaint was a tight right hamstring post run. I stretched, foam rolled, stretched again. I had P rub it, I had the hubs try to stretch it. Finally after dinner the hubs massages it. It was barking, but feels 88% better now. Hooray!!

This morning the moon was still out and it was full and beautiful:
Can you see it there?

The sunrise was beautiful per usual:

And then this happened, just more gorgeousness:

Happy mama on National Running Day!

and on my favorite part of the RT :)

I realized today I've been shortening my minutes/mile. I average about 12:00 min/mile which I am elated about, not ashamed one bit. And I'll explain why 1) It's a comfortable pace. 2) Ultra is low and slow which makes it...my kinda running 3) It gets the job done. But I noticed today I've been seeing more 11:38 min/miles, 11:15 min/ miles that I am averaging. And I'm pretty sure if I stopped stopping to take pictures I'd be sub 11:00 mins.(Maybe I should be better about running and photography skills) But who wants to stop taking pictures?! Not this girl! LOL Plus I share my pictures with P every morning, she likes to see the sunrises I've seen. And I share it with you fine people! :)

I hope everyone had a fabulous National Running Day!! 

*Would you stop taking pictures to be quicker?







No comments:

Post a Comment