Wednesday, April 15, 2015

63 and sunny

Yesterday and today were wonderfully beautiful. Spring has finally sprung here in Michigan :) And I am loving it! Today was a work day and I really was hoping to stop by the rail trail on my way to pick up P, and my wish came true. I love when you have people in your life who don't realize just watching your baby for 45 extra minutes can make a world of difference. An when they do so, it's like they are a little support system saying " I got you, you go get in that run."

It means more to me than I can explain.

My run felt a bit forced and I think it's because I knew I needed to pick up P. I got over it kinda quickly once I was out there. My pace was also quicker and I think I was just a little too much in my head.

I am still running with complete body awareness. I am always thinking "did that hurt","does my knee feel funny" "Oh gosh what was that." Maybe soon I'll just run. And run without thinking about it. I am so thankful to be on the mend. To feel like I am progressing and getting stronger. To feel like a runner again with huge goals in my future. I can do this. I can get over a 13 month injury. And I truly feel like I am doing so. :)

My family is so supportive like mentioned my mother in law being a trooper. My husband always checking in on me and helping me stretch, and my little P. Once again today when she saw me she asked me how my run was, how many miles I did, and how my knee felt?:) She is such a delightful little girl. Not mad I was late picking her up but encouraging.

Such a wonderful support system. I am a lucky runner.




No comments:

Post a Comment