Monday, April 27, 2015

break down / break through

I took Saturday and Sunday off to spend some much needed time with my family. We got out of dodge and into Detroit. We took P to her first Tigers game and I'd say overall we had a wonderful time. Spent the night at a hotel and got some swimming in too. Sunday we hit up the Detroit zoo. Once we got home after a long ride in the car, I thought I should lace up and get a run in, but I'm glad I didn't.

Today while P was in school I got my "long" run in ( I make light of what I consider a long run because I know people are doing long runs for 15+ miles) it was 5.21 miles. It was another cold day in MI but it was bearable. My legs felt great and I was grateful I didn't push a run yesterday. But unfortunately I think the mixture of not running, lack of sleep over the weekend ( I don't sleep well in hotel rooms) and not great eating made me hit a mental break down.

I know who dramatic that sounds but it's pretty accurate.

I was looking up a training plan for the next 16-18 weeks because I really need to get into a rhythm and try to follow some guidelines, which  I've never done. The road races (5k and 8k) I just kinda winged it. Gees could that be where my knee trouble originated from?! Ugh. Anyway I was sitting there unable to find a plan, and I felt frustrated, overwhelmed, and annoyed by the whole thing. Ultra is still so new I feel lost sometimes. I was frustrated by myself and having taken on such a HUGE task. I don't know what I was thinking.

After complaining and the hubs just listening (after I asked him not to say anything because as a guy he wants to "fix" everything and as a girl I just wanna bitch sometimes) I planned out my week, got a good nights sleep, 9 hrs to be exact, and had a great run. I needed a breakdown so that I could rise to the task at hand. Yes this is a big undertaking but I need to get into the mental state that I am capable of this. I want to see this journey unfold. I am capable. I am capable. I AM CAPABLE!!

I will remind myself this daily. I am capable.


No comments:

Post a Comment