Thursday, April 30, 2015

ultra training in action

So I am officially telling people (which include myself and my hubs) that I am in training for my September Ultra. I have 4.5 months left and I have started a training schedule, sort of. LOL Okay I know there are times where I don't make a world of sense, try being in my head!! :)


This is why I use the word sort of. See ultra's are so new it's hard to find a compatible training schedule for my life schedule. A lot of ultra runners that have wrote books on the matter give some thoughts or training schedules but to be honest they don't fit in my life. So I figured the next best thing would be a marathon training schedule. That should be pretty adequate right?! haha I guess we'll see in September!! :)

I think it will work just fine. I am glad it's a beginners and appears to be manageable with my work schedule. With the days getting longer I am able to run after work on the weekends too, which is a bonus! 

I will keep everyone posted on my marathon (ultra) training schedule: 
Week 1 :
Monday 5.24 miles 
Tuesday strength 
Wednesday 3.01 miles ( monday and wednesday evened out since it was suppose to be 4 and 4, look I'm already messing it up!!)
Thursday strength
Friday 3 miles (am run pending)
Saturday rest
Sunday 3 miles ( pm after work pending) 
Total tentatively= 14 miles :) not bad not bad at all :)

* thoughts on ultra training?just curious if anyone has advise?! :) 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment