Saturday, April 11, 2015

Phase 2 of resistance band strengthen training

So I mentioned I've moved on to phase 2 of the RBST after doing a combine 2 months of phase 1. Which I was only suppose to move on if the pain was gone. Which many people know it was not, and I still moved on. Rebel, I know! I moved on only because I felt like I was plateauing on phase 1.  So I figured moving on would most likely not harm anything.

I am not using the resistance band like they suggested.  I can not properly feel the muscle movement when I use it so my hubs suggested not using it for a few days until I know and can feel what I am looking for. I am still sore in my glutes, now I really don't know if its the weighted lounges, yoga, or the stretches. But I guess I don't mind because my rear end is what needs toning and I guess it's getting toned one way or another.

Gluteus Medius Strengthener: This is the 45* angel RBST minus the band of course. I have to use a chair for now do to balance issues. (ps you may have seen these 3/4 leggings before and will many more times, they are my MOST favorite and I try to wear them once a week :) 

Hip Extensor: This move goes straight back. (who knew I'd be taking pictures of my rear end, not flattering.)

I looking forward to seeing this progress. I feel good about my recent additions to training and making new head ways in other areas. 

I am liking  yoga because I know overall its a good thing, my core exercises are getting more frequent (and there are new ones I can do at home in the new issue of Women's Running magazine) Hooray! I like doing certain poses at home, I'm not a fan of being on a gym floor or mat (gross) and I wont lug around my yoga mat. I like doing floor exercises at home. Or any exercise where my rear end is up. I think I'm finding a theme for today: rear ends! haha 

Also running, I can't stop smiling after yesterday but I can be a pessimist and told the hubs yesterday it was probably just a fluke. I need to be a bit more positive like he is. He thinks I've made a turn, I'm thinking he'd like to stop talking about my knee! I did have an epiphany after speaking to him yesterday. I was telling him if the ON shoes are like golden miracle shoes I don't know what to do because my new Pure Grit Brooke's I got for trails ( I had knee pain after 1.35 miles Tuesday) might not cut it but I don't know what to do because ON doesn't make a trail shoe. He calmly says "are the bottoms grippy on the ON shoes?" I said yeah, more than PI. He said "do the shoes for the Ultra have to be trail or would another pair of ON work?" (because trail shoes in spring just get too dirt, obviously I'd need a designated outdoor pair :) ) I was floored! I know, but give me a break, I have a tendency to get my mind set on one things like, trail running, need and can only be ran with designated trail running shoes. But he has a point, I'm not scaling a mountain (which he pointed out) A working knee I maybe a better option. So something to definitely think about.  Because I cant take the brooke's back because they were clearance.  But still $40 in my book, is a good deal :) 

Things seem to be moving in a good and positive direction and I need to get myself in that mind set and appreciate it. :) It's suppose to be sunny and 60* this weekend. The rail trail is calling and I'm excited to see how my knee replies! 

Happy weekend, Run happy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment