Thursday, April 9, 2015

effortless running or running effortlessly

LOL I think of the title of my post randomly during the day. Or when I am actually working out and can't wait to write and blog about my progress. Today I am excited to report is a GREAT day! This mornings workout was full of hope. And right now I'll take a little hope. Or a lot whichever... I'll take it! :)

I've switched up my resistance band to phase two. Even though I was still feeling knee pain. I felt moving on to the next stage was best. (More on that later) I actually did a home workout yesterday even though it was a rest day. I did some strength training, which I never do. I am literally only motivated at the gym. Never at home, so I'm kinda proud of myself. I even got the 8# kettle bell out, now that means business!

We've also started a 30 day yoga challenge for beginners. When I saw "we" I mean P and I. Have you ever seen a soon to be 5 yr old doing yoga?! SO LIMBER! She was awesome at it. Me on the other hand, not so much. I totally realize I need this because I gotta loosen up and be more flexible. So today is day 2 :) I'll report on your progress, ie P blowing me out of the water.

OK back to this morning. After core work, weighted lounges, leg presses and donkey kicks. I got on the treadmill my main goal was to walk on and incline and use my glutes that were already super sore from my at home workout and the mornings combine. I walked and since I was wearing my new ON shoes I decided to pick up the pace and run. I mean they are running shoes. They are incredible. They feel light, and comfy, but stable and springy. I had a definite spring in my step! I ran a solid 2 miles with no knee pain.

**TWO MILES WITH NO KNEE PAIN!! I only stopped because 1) I couldn't believe it and my over joy was going to propel me off the treadmill 2) it was getting late in the morning and I need to get back home.

So excited, talk about a great way to start my day:)


I'm going to keep pressing on and doing what I am doing, I am a happy girl! And a happy runner :)!!
Happy Thursday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment