Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I couldn't wait any longer

This morning I worked out and then decided to go get my trail shoes. I just wanted to get them because to me it feels like a step closer to my Ultra in September. I had to get an errand done I've been dreading for a week, I don't know why but it's just one of those things I really didn't want to do...go to the court house and get a copy of P's BC for kindergarten. I have put it off but she totally needs it's by Wednesday so I can turn in her school request packet ( there are two schools she can go to in the school distract and we get to choose our preference). I just really don't like the parking situation at the court house, the metal detectors, ext. But I did it. Got it done.

I digress...back to my mission. TRAIL SHOES! I got to Runner's Performance around 11:00 am. It's like walking into a runner heaven. All those shoes and clothes and accessories...awesomeness! I've never bought appeal from there, basically it too expensive. This mama can't afford that. What I can afford is TJ Maxx and Walmart's Danskin (which I L.O.V.E.) I spend my money on shoes. Because you are nothing without a good pair of shoes :)

I spoke to my favorite Runner's employee. He's the best and knows the in's and out's of shoes for runners. Totally awesome. And when I saw him there it's like the angel's were singing. Jackpot!! I told him what I needed he brought me 4 different pairs. Stunning. Love it. Then he brought over Brooks PureGrit. He mentioned they were on sale, and just brought them over from another store because they were out of 8.5 trail shoes. It's like they were sent for me. He suggested them because he know's I love my pearl izumi's (which he first got me hooked on) and he was right. They are perfect!

*Trail shoe=Brooks Pure Grit in chocolate and seafoam :) (so pretty)

And yes Hot Pink compression socks! (P got to pick them for me out of pink, blue, white. The orange or yellow I told her were not an option because they were obnoxiously bright.)  He had me try on multiple pairs of those as well, this was after he measured me. This process is completely wonderful. These are CEP compression socks. Anytime you need a tutorial on how to put on and take off socks, you know its legit! 

So I'm not made of money. Fair from it. I have however saved for this particular day. I worked extra and saved some bonus' to get trail shoes and socks. Well with my trail shoes being on sale from $100.00 to $40.00 (crazy!) I decided to get another pair of running shoes!! JUST CAUSE! lol I was so proud of myself, like look at me getting 2 pairs of shoes! So my guy knows I like my PI, he didn't have any in stock in my size but suggested a comparable shoe. Ok I'll try it. New brand, new shoe, new design, new cool technology. 

On running shoes. On Swiss performance "the cloud" these are pretty cool shoes! I tried them on and a pair of saucony (which I've never totally been a fan of) The on running shoes has this cloud cushion technology "zero gravity" running. I was skeptical, then he had me run in them. SOLD! $119.00 not bad. 


I had an amount in my head and in my wallet to spend. (and I didn't go over) but as I was checking out there was a 50% rack (damn you clearance!) and there was a blue PI running jacket I needed. So I got that too. :) 


So to recap my shopping spree : That's two pairs of shoes 1)trail 1)running, compression socks and jacket. :) This was so much fun. I actually had money left over for P and I to go get lunch, and for my to pick up pepper spray. I wanna feel a little more comfortable outside and I hope this helps. 

*Anyone ever heard of On running shoes?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment