Friday, April 3, 2015

running on empty

Work has taken over my life this week. I don't mean to complain because my schedule is completely ridiculous ( in most cases) but this week it was busy, overwhelming and exhausting.  It is the week before Easter and most kids are on spring break, including mine. Co-workers were scarce do to plans with family and such. Which is fine I don't mind helping but I am tired. So glad it's Friday and I get to see P. This week our time together has been about an hour before bed. I am not use to that. I know TONS of mom's do it and I applaud them. This mama doesn't.

I also didn't go to the gym. Not once....at all.... this whole week. I was just too tired. And I know my stress level could have been helped. But sleep seemed like a much better idea. It if finally getting nice here in Michigan. It was 50-60*F on Tues,Weds,Thurs but I was not able to run. Because getting out of work so late meant drive right home to have dinner and get P to bed. I also missed lunch each day this week. That is not okay with me. I am not one of those people that thinks missing a meal is cool and helpful in losing weight. I think actually the opposite. I worried about what it was doing to my body. I brought a lunch (salad) but never had 5 mins to sit down and eat.

I have the highest of high hopes for next week. Monday will be a gym day (P is still on spring break that day, so probably no rail trail running) and Tues my plan is to get my trail shoes!! Wednesday try them on the trails while P is back in school. Friday trail run again while P is in school. Work Saturday (extra day so extra money I'm thinking compression socks :) Sunday Trail run :) I'm looking forward to all my plans!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Easter to all :)  

* any suggestions on compression socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment