Sunday, April 19, 2015

running can be a spectator sport too

When people think of watching sports, I'm sure they don't think 'I'm going to get a pizza delivered and ask some friends to come over to watch a marathon!' haha

I on the other hand might be one of those people. Marathon Monday is (now) one of my favorite days. Last year was my first time streaming the race onto my computer and watching at most 85% of it. My watching consisted of the start, most of the middle and definitely the finish! I teared up as runners crossed the finish line, which I am not sure, is normal. But it was emotional for me to watch.

As a runner I am obviously more aware of the sport and the emotional and physical aspects that go into it. All the time and all the energy. It's truly a dedication. Nothing anyone does on the fly. I was glued to my computer last year for the most part (sometimes my daughter thought it was boring....kids lol)

I've got my watchlive.baa.org link all ready and waiting. :)

In 2013 the Boston Marathon bombing broke my heart. Watching the news was awful. I had just began running and I couldn't fathom what had just taken place. (I'm going to not get into how I feel, because I will rant...no one want that I'm sure).

My sister in-law live in MA, close to where some of the incidents post race happened. I've never known anyone (none the less family) who were that close to something so horrific.

I never want to run Boston. I know that may seem odd for a runner to say, but it's not something I would like to do. Is it because I've never planned on running a marathon? I'm not sure. But I WANT to be a BOSTON spectator!!! I think the people that line the race are awesome!! I want to give my energy to those runners with cheering and good vibes! :) One day I will be in Boston, one day I will watch those amazing runners give everything to this brilliant race!

GOOD LUCK to ALL RUNNER!!

I will be watching from my home in MI wish to be there in person.....one day....one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment