Tuesday, April 14, 2015

runners high continues

I am still super excited about yesterday's mileage!  I am equally as excited that my body is really recovering well. I have increased my iron intake by eating spinach salad for 1-2 meals a day. This has helped me get my vegetable and really makes my body happy. I've always misunderstood my body and eating habits but lately I feel much more fulfilled and satisfied. :)

It has been 13 months since I've ran more than 5 miles. March 2014 I ran an 8k, then 2 weeks later my knee flared up. I stopped running for 4 months and just did cross training. Then tried to run intermittently for 2 months, stopped do to pain. Off again for 4 months cross trained again (somewhere in those 4 months I re-fractured my right metatarsals. awesome). January 2015 I started running again but still had manageable knee pain but still pain non the less. I started the resistance training in February and in March I really increased my glute/ hip strengthening ie squats, leg press, lounges, donkey kicks ext and core exercises.

I also believe what helped me push a little harder at the end was my song "Can't hold us " by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis came on, I instantly began to smile and smiled until I was done. I had to pass two speed walkers which I was worried  I wasn't quick enough to do so. But managed because the best running song (in my opinion) was getting my hyped! :)

I am excited to think about the future and look forward to my additional progress. My plans for this week, which are always hectic because it was a work week, are as follows: I want to get a run in tomorrow night after work, and Wednesday/Thursday gym time (strength) and Friday run while P's in school. Working this weekend limits my workouts. But I think this is an overall good plan. :)

Then Monday = Marathon Monday!! I LOVE watching the Boston Marathon :) It's my most favorite Monday of the year! Good Luck to all the runners gearing up.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

*Anyone else watch the Boston Marathon??!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment