Wednesday, April 22, 2015

running in April with winter gear...oh yes that's right.

This morning my plan was to run and so that's what I did. What I didn't expect yesterday when I was planning out my wardrobe was snow flurries. I literally was just thinking about putting my winter gear away just a few days ago. It was overtaking my desk area. (ie the desk that has all my workout stuff on it instead of work stuff haha).

After hearing the forecast I changed my mind from a short shirt (under a water proof jacket of course) to a long sleeve. P picked out the color which was bright pink. :) Love that little girls fashion sense. I then grabbed my gloves and ear cover (is that what they are called?). I had my new black compression socks on too :)

I was running in snow flurries. Seriously?! Only in Michigan. It's been so bitter this week like 40*ish degrees outside. So cold. Too cold to go outside and burn off little 5 year old girls energy, that's for sure.


My sad face, which was just for a moment, because this picture was actually after my run which to put it mildly was pretty awesome. AWESOME. It was one of those runs runners need. I needed this run. 
I was geared up yes, but in good spirits. After my knee giving me issues Monday I wasn't actually looking forward to this run. But man I am so thankful for this run. :)

I did 3.34 miles at an above average mph of 11:54/mile which as you know is faster then I usually run. ( one of my favorite things about ultra training, 'start slow and taper off.' ) LOL I also ran, for the first time, with no music. It was pretty fantastic. :)

The run felt good, felt really good in fact. 

My next scheduled run is Friday. I'm not sure how many miles I am planning. I've logged 8.34 miles so far this week. I'd love to get a longer run like 6ish if possible. Maybe.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment