Tuesday, April 21, 2015

when sleeping sounds better than getting up

I stuck with my original plan this morning even after standing in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror while I should have been getting dressed and thinking "I REALLY wanna go back to bed."

This morning was strength and cross-training.

  • crunches- 200 total
  • weighted lounges - 5# each hand, 3 x 12 each leg
  • arm curls with 5# ( I hurt my shoulder at work, vet med can be rough on your body. And I've tried to keep it light on any arm exercises which also means no rowing right now. I just can't chance it. I think it's more serious then I'm letting on to the hubs but to be completely honest as long as it isn't my lower half and I can run, I'm really not giving it too much thought/care).
  • squats- 100 total. I could feel the BURN this morning. I was really trying to get low :)
  • leg press 180# 3 x 12 reps. I really need to increase my weight, but my legs were all jell-oish as I walked over to the machine after my squats so figured today may not be the day.
  • donkey kicks 70# 3 x 10 each leg.
  • elliptical- 20 mins total. 5 mins forward and 15 mins backwards at a 5% resistance.
  • 55 min workout on my take it easy day. I think i did pretty good. I still need to do my resistance and get back into yoga today!

Came home and stretched and foam rolled. Then laid on the sofa. BAD IDEA! I couldn't tell when the hubs was getting up. His alarm kept going off but I didn't want to cut in front of him for the shower seeing is how he needed to be a work and well...I don't :)

When he got home from work yesterday I recapped the Boston Marathon for me. I totally could tell he loved hearing about it. I wondering if that's what I look like when he tells me about football, basketball, hockey...ext. glazed over.

I have a morning run planned for tomorrow while P is in school. It's suppose to be cold and rainy, so looking forward to that! lol makes a runner tougher right?...sure.  I got my second pair of CEP compression socks yesterday from Amazon, now I can wash the original ones I got form runner's. (I was holding off in case I ruined them plus the guy at runner's said they shouldn't wash them after each run but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't wait til you've worn them for 5 runs, haha oh well. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment