Monday, April 6, 2015

reunited and it feels so good

I was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things after having a week off. I use to really beat myself up about missing workouts. But I was in no way shape or form lazy this week. Family time and sleep were just more important than working out.

This morning I went to the gym and to my surprise I was the only one there. It was like Christmas! I loved it! But by 5:15 people started coming in, 6 to be exact all around the same time. My personal gym time was over, I was again sharing with other people, boo. But that's okay I'll survive. lol

I didn't put my headphones on either. Which was something I've never done. I just wanted to feel "free" while I worked out. So I carried it around with me throughout the my workout. I'm sure people thought I'd forgot to charge it or something. But oh well. When I finally got on the treadmill it was nice to not have my headphones in. Something different, not sure I'll always do it, but worked well for today.

**Boston is in 2 weeks! How exciting! ** (what i thought about without headphones in, my mind wandered)

Today's workout included :

  • 200 crunches on a yoga ball. 100 forward and 50 each side.
  • 100 squats
  • leg press 3 x 12 @ 180#, 3 x 12 @ 200#
  • donkey kicks 2 x 10 @ 70# 1 x 12 @ 70 # 
  • elliptical 5% forward 15 mins, 3% backwards 17 mins
  • treadmill walking on 3% incline 15 mins
  • 100 squats 
Home:

  • Resistance band 
  • foam rolling

I feel fantastic today! The gym is just what I need, and a few days off of work :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment