Saturday, April 25, 2015

B2B2B

This has been a monumental week for me and my running. Since starting to run 2 years ago, I have never ran so much or for so many days in a row before. This week I ran a total of 4 days out of 7 :) HUGE for me. I ran the most miles I've ever ran 5.0, 3.34,2.7,3.35 =14.39 total miles! And I've ran the most consecutive days in a row I've EVER ran.

I feel great about all my progress! I've really worked hard on my nutrition throughout the week too. I'm about 4.5 months away from my first 50 km race. So I'd officially say training has begun. :)

However, I definitely struggled Friday with my last run. I was a little too much in my head telling myself to quit and go home. I then decided I would stop at my car, grab a couple quick drinks of my water and then head out again. I wanted to get between 3-4 miles and ended up with 3.35. When my head started getting in the way I was barely over 2 miles. I've got to figure that out.

My wall pops up around 2.5 miles and usually if I run through it and beyond I feel good, great in fact but the whole time getting to that stage is a struggle and I don't know why?

Nothing physical is keeping me down. I can't believe how amazing my knee feels and how great my recoveries have been since getting my new shoes and compression socks. I am truly amazed!!! I feel like I should have 13 months ago. But I realize having to struggle has made me listen to my body a bit more. But sometimes my head just gets in the way.

I feel a little bummed about that this morning. I don't know what else I want. I have a functioning body but a head that just isn't on board. Is it the huge task I have a head of me? I've never done something so big in my life. Besides childbirth, because that's a ultra in itself, LOL!

I need to relish in my progress in miles, days committed, and physical accomplishments. The rest I'm sure will just fall into play. :)

Happy Running this weekend, I'm taking the weekend off the recharge and do some family things. :) Back at it next week, with some new goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment